Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Recovery Day 2 (one week out from surgery)

I feel my pain pill kicking in
I feel like a man without sin
It's just like a 3 martini gin
Yay, yay for Vicodin - cha, cha, cha.

Last week at this time I was completely unconscious with my gut spayed open, surgeons cutting here & there and Sheila was very nervous. Amazing what can happen in a week. If we had not have done the surgery, I was months (maybe weeks) away from major complications (i.e. demise) caused by the cancer, and today it's possible I may be cancer free. It will be months (or years) before we know if the surgery was "successful", but I'm quite sure we've bought a lot more time and, possibly, a cure.

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

What an eventful week...Thank God it is past and that you are recovering so well! I hope Sheila is regrouping now too.
As much as we want you home SOON, you need to know it is freezing here, so enjoy those lovely walkies and sitting at the pool; you'll need your long johns when you get back here. My Abby, who loves going out to chase her ball in the yard and taking a nice long walk each day, has to be dragged down the driveway now because of the cold..amazing how our weather can change so quickly.
REST-EAT-EXERCISE & EAT again Mark, you need to get ready, it's time to come home.
Marjorie

Cindy said...

vicodin may be your hero of the day
but we'll always take your pain away
just give us the sign your on your way.
a fiesta de mark for the "C" you slay

Penny Behling said...

Great news!
Out damn cancer, out!
Cindy's poetry inspired me...

Ira & Anita said...

What progress!! It's Sheila's great nursing care. To quote a great songwriter "Don't worry, be happy". Pretty soon you'll be "back in the paddle again".
We love you and are proud!

Ira & Anita