Monday, October 15, 2007

Dream

I had a dream last night that I was a CIA agent protecting the President (not Bush, just a generic "President"). Our intelligence said that there was a mysterious tiger that was impervious to bullets and that the cat planned on attacking the President. We were guarding the president on his way to meet another government official and the tiger attacked. One agent went to shoot it and the tiger swallowed the gun and the agent whole. Two other agents attacked with their guns drawn and were swallowed. The cat turned to me, the remaining agent between it and the President. I kept my pistol in its holster and braced for the pounce. The cat started to bite me, but I grabbed it by the scruff and started calming it, telling it everything was OK. The tiger halted its attack and I was able to lead it away.

What does it mean?

Mark

8 comments:

Alice said...

The dream means that violence begets violence and anyway the tiger was full by the time he got to you :-)

Love you, Alice

Alice said...

Dear Mark,
On Saturday we had some wonderful newbies who joined our paddle. I thought of how I felt as a newbie and how kind you were when you made me feel more comfortable by helping me with my paddling. On Saturday to steal a phrase from the movie Pay It Forward, I "paid it forward" and made a point to take what you taught me about "timing being everything"; I started saying hit hit hit in time with the strokes and the newbies got right into the timing with the team. It was exciting and I was able to reach out a lot farther :-) Thanks for making a difference in so many lives not only through your zest for life but your kindness to others. Hugs, Alice

eharmony dropout said...

Hey - the photos/videos are great - particularly the personal pole dancer.
The dream - now that is another story - not that I am a dream interpretor - but I am going to go out there and say that the tiger is cancer and it is done with you! You are too tough for it even without the use of the manmade weapon. Your spirit and fight have done it in.
Love you guys much and look forward to your speedy return to SC.
Hazel

Nina said...

Dream: it means you are confident you're going to beat the cancer. And attitude counts; you are the personification of "attitude counts."

Love,
Nina

Marjorie said...

We all know what it means, Mark. As a fearless, kind, caring leader of the pack, you were recognized AGAIN as top dog who had the big cat under his control. This is going to be a very successful trip to Houston!!
Marjorie

dbc mom said...

seriously, these are all lovely translations about your dream and what the tiger means...but you and I know what it really means...you are finally accepting your alter ego........SHANIA TWAIN!

Cindy said...

I take Blue Cross Blue Shield, Tricare, Medicare....

Love you,
Cindy

Cathy said...

Dear Tiger man Mark,

Everyone missed you at last nights pratice, were your ears ringing?
We had a beautiful bright orange sunset with a slight chop on the Ashley. Cindy had some inspiring words to increase the acceleration of our paddles through the water, it was awsome and you missed some others fun things, you'll just have to wait till you come home to us to hear.

Wishing you sweet peaceful dreams,
xxx's Cathy