Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nice weekend




Had a nice mellow weekend. Saturday we went to the Texas Dragonboat Association festival at Clear Lake (close to NASA). It was a pretty small affair. Really just a few corporate teams. I didn't see any of my Houston Heat friends but it was fun to see the races.




Today my niece from Arlington came down to visit for a few hours. We had a nice brunch together and hung out this afternoon. We filled her in on everything and she filled us in on the latest with my sister's family.









This evening, Sheila's mom & sister flew in from Virginia. They will be here for the next week or so to keep Sheila company. It's great to have family help out!
I'll do a quick blood test in the morning & we meet with our surgeon right after. If the scans didn't show any extra cancer we didn't know about, we'll do surgery tomorrow. If they do, we'll head home. Hopefully there won't be any surprises. So that's our next hurdle. The big one after that will be during the start of the surgery. If they see more cancer than is expected, they may decide not to go forward with it and just close me back up. That would be a bummer, to get this far & not be able to do it. If it all goes well, they'll cut out all the cancer and have enough stuff to stitch me back together. Here we go...

3 comments:

Penny Behling said...

Mark:

Good luck tomorrow! Wendy and I are thinking of you. We send BIG hugs!!! And big love!

gene said...

I love your pictures and I love you and Sheila so much. I'm heading for the St. Francis chapel as soon as I finish this. (Working at a Catholic hospital HAS to have some benefits for this old protestant.)

Big hugs and love comin' your way along with Penny's.

Gene

Marjorie said...

Dear Mark,
As you get that wonderful juice in your IV tomorrow that makes you feel happy and light as a feather, visualize your friends watching the rising sun over the Ashley and Wando rivers and grabbing some of those amazingly beautiful AM rays into a bouquet to send to you, as you approach that tiger...you'll simply tame it into submission when it sees all the love that comes with your bouquet!
You are sooooo strong- you are ready!
Fondly,
Marjorie