Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday

This morning, Mark took a shower. It was a bit of a produciton number: me and one of the nursing assistants, a walker, six drains and Mark all in the shower together. Although he got a bit pale towards the end, he was able to do the entire thing standing up. He didn't rest very well last night, but I think this physical exertion should help him take a nice nap.
I slept in the hotel for the first night last night. Since I was going to bed at 9:30, I figured I could get up at 5:45 and be in Mark's room when the docs rounded. I think I remember turning off the alarm, but when I woke up, it was 8 a.m. I guess I was tired.

8 comments:

sylvia huskey said...

am glad you got some rest, sounds like a big step forward showering, bet it was "cute" alltogether!!

Uberl said...

Sounds like some sort of Menage a Twa! Glad to hear recovery is going well!! Very glad to hear you got some much needed rest.
Keep Kicking Cancers Ass!!
Lynn and Walt

Unknown said...

Sounds like you need all the rest you can get to participate in shower time. Thanks for keeping us updated. Give Mark a big hug from the Fetters and One for yourself.
Janice and Stuart

gene said...

Party hats are required for the next shower! That is part of the Gene Glave's Rules of Life: "Two or more people in a shower require party hats and/or beer." Just fyi.

Becca said...

I love Gene's rule for party hats!
Hang in there Mark and tell Sheila if she would stop wearng two left shoes she might not fall down as often.

Joyce said...

Gosh, I feel like I'm reading a book. Mark happy to hear your starting to move about, just can't keep you down! Sheila, thanks for all the update information Stay strong because you are amazing...........

Boo said...

sheila and mark,

we are with you guys! hang in there and we know you will be recovering quickly with all the great help ,your enthusiastic attitude and your endless sweet spirit! hugs! boo

Unknown said...

Just read Sertoma Sue's thoughtful pray, lots of us are with you in our hearts...We need you Sheila, stay well. Much love to you and Mark, xoox C and D