Sunday, August 9, 2009

Previously on Mark's body

(said with a Jack Bauer accent)...
Pretty funny reading about it now. For the "Surgery Again" post, it was supposed to be a "quick & easy" surgery. Ha. The "overnight" surgery turned into about two extra weeks in the hospital. Turned out, I developed a partial blockage and my pipes did not have any place to flow. Swollen stomach, vomiting, cramps. Trip back to hospital after a crazy weekend in the hotel. They put in a nose tube to relieve the pressure. Man, did that hurt. Snorting a hard plastic tube while puking at the same time. Once everything settled, it did feel better. Ended up staying in about 4 days and then we tried taking it out to see if I could handle food any better. Liquids were OK, but not much else. Slowly, very slowly, after about another 10 days I started getting better. I was on IV food for a few days. It was kind've scary at the time. Not knowing if your body would get better and be able to eat. Eating is important. I'd take walks around the hospital ward. Do figure eights from my ward to the one next door. About the only control I felt I had was moving (which was supposed to help - and eventually did...). Each visit to Texas, we get a new surpise.

No comments: