Friday, August 21, 2009

10 a.m. update

They have a system here where someone from the OR comes out every 2 hours to give famlies updates. As anticipated, Mark is doing fine but hasn't progressed past the cystoscopy. AKA, they have been working on him 3 hours, but really are just getting started. Mark's history of multiple surgeries and radiation means he has a lot of scar tissue to go through. It's tedious, time consuming work and will just take a while. In this time, I have watched cats on YouTube and read half a magazine. Next update 12 Central.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheila, I'm Leslie's sister, Dell Kendall. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mark. I think we paddled at the Charleston DB festival together??? Many POSITIVE vibes being sent to you RIGHT NOW from Connecticut. 11:30 EST/10:30 A.M. CENTRAL TIME. my heart is with you.
Dell

Nicole Seitz said...

Praying for Mark now. You are such a blessing in his life, Sheila, and he in yours. God is so good.

Hang tight and don't worry about those two left feet.

Much love,
Nicole

Becca said...

Sheila,

Sending you and Mark all of my love and positive energy.

Seasoned Curlies said...

Mark & Miss Sheila:

The Brown family is keeping you in our thoughts from Colorado Springs, CO. Hang tough, sir!

-Aaron Brown

Sue Popelka said...

Sheila, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Mark. You are certainly not alone with the DBC group. Loved the hat this morning. Mark has such a great sense of humor. I'm sure everyone will be on their computers thinking of the two of you. Take care.