Sunday, August 9, 2009

Test 3 - Cystoscopy

Having an Olympus camera stuffed up your weenie might seem like a big deal, but relatively speaking, this one was a piece of cake. Of course we started with a catheter to empty me out. I actually started doing "intermittent catherizations" the week before, because nothing was coming out now without assistance. A very nice, professional nurse showed me the process, gave me a bunch of sample catheters (normal, pre-lubed, some with "hooks" (hooks?!?), rubber, plastic, one hole, two holes...) and we could now, finally, empty my bladder. So, anyway, he does that, then we pop in the camera. Unfortunately, there is so much blood (I'd been peeing blood pretty much since doing the catheters - they say it's very common) that it was difficult to see much of anything. It did appear that there may be some growth at the bladder neck and/or prostate, possiblely getting into the bladder itself, but he's not 100% sure.

No comments: