Friday, November 2, 2007

One less tube!

Did a special x-ray today where they fill my bladder up with radioactive kool-aid and take pictures. (No, I don't have any for the blog). It was pretty cool. I got to watch everything. Hey, that's my kidney isn't it! So the docs say I have no leaks, so my foley came out today. Wooo hooo. Also got my staples out about 10 minutes later. Big day. Met with my surgeon & oncologist & we're formulating a plan forward. Not sure yet whether we'll do any post-op chemo or not. The book on my situation hasn't been written yet. My doc will pitch it to their tumor board & see what the collective wisdom says. This will be another "recovery" weekend.

M

3 comments:

Nina said...

Hey Mark! I have a great idea - while your doc is pitching to the board, since, as you say, the book on your cancer hasn't been written yet, why not also pitch it to Hollywood? Or to a Broadway producer;; here's a good title: "Stages: from Stage IV to Stage Left". Nina

Uberl said...

Just got to read your blogs. It's wonderful to see how well you are doing. So relieved to hear things are going well. We think about you 2 every day. Keep up the good work. Can't wait til you come home.
Lynn and Walt

gene said...

Yay! Didya kick him?? Huh, huh?

We paddled in the icy cold today (well, it is cold for Charleston) and thought about you. Louise had on a KCA sweatshirt and I want one. She promised to send me a web site.

Love you, love you, love you. Tubeless is good!

xoxoxgene